Florida deal

Moderators: GlamDude, jim_test, The Ghost of Case

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Re: Florida deal

Postby jim » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm

neko2 wrote:From the way I've had it explained is that you must be in your home or business (not out in the yard) and they must be breaking in or the like. Though I've seen people argue it different like just self defense.
Just sad. Common sense out the door.

That sounds more like the castle defense of Texas and even Washington.

My cop friend told me... if someone fucks with you on your property and you shoot them, drag them into the house, just to be sure. Dead men tell no tales.

I think Zimmerman was an idiot and killed an inncoent kid. He probably started the altercation and then "defended" himself. Again, dead teens tell no tales. I feel bad for the Martin family.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Ireneb
Catbox Archaeologist
Catbox Archaeologist

Postby Ireneb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:38 am

jim wrote:I feel bad for the Martin family.
So do I. I cannot believe black people still have to put up with this crap. But then I find it hard to believe that segregation still existed in my lifetime and that people used to get lynched in places like Alabama and Missisippi when I was a child and knew nothing about this. When is this ever going to stop? No amount of white liberal hand-wringing is going to bring dead people back.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. -- Winston Churchill

neko2
Wee Gobby Shite
Wee Gobby Shite

Postby neko2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Ireneb there was a lynching in Southern Alabama when I was in high school about 30 yrs ago. It takes time for society to change. It is changing just slowly.

jim
Dicktater Supreme
Dicktater Supreme

Postby jim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:37 pm

badplantmommy wrote:
jim wrote:
badplantmommy wrote:I don't think we have the Stand Your Ground law in California. I can almost picture myself offing an annoying skateboarder because he scared my dog, or maybe all those annoying people who insist on walking down the sidewalk in front of my house when I want to water my lawn, or the asshats who keep on driving down my street when all I want to do is back out of my driveway. Seriously, though, Trayvon didn't deserve to die. Even if he had been an annoying punkass (I have no idea if he was polite or combative; I wasn't there), and it's more likely that he annoyed or pissed off Zimmerman than actually making him fear for his life, even if he mouthed off or flipped him the bird or didn't share his Skittles, that's no reason to kill a kid. :mad:

--J--

Y'all can't even carry weapons, so probably not.

So if I shot somebody with a (hypothetical) weapon I wasn't supposed to be carrying, in self-defense, I'd get in trouble for it? Damn! :tong:

--J--

If you are in Cali, you can have weapons certainly in your home and use them for self-defense, but to carry a gun in public, you have to know a judge.

So, if you were carrying concealed and shot someone and it saved your life... take the conviction on the weapons charge and go to jury on the manslaughter.
"Who is in charge? The motherfucking wave function is in charge!" - Jeem, Dicktater Supreme - MCHY

Return to “Politics and shit”